Handwoven Trench in Ikat
Loose fitting unlined overcoat perfect for layering. Made of handwoven hand dyed cotton from Northern Ghana, using natural indigo dyed yarn.Model is 5'10" and wears a small.
- 100% handwoven cotton
- Brass buttons hand cast out of recycled brass by traditional casters in Ghana's Ashanti region.
- Dry clean
This textile has a rich history, and was traded across the Sahel as a currency long before colonization in West Africa. Stripweaving from northern Ghana is now primarily made into Batakari, a loose smock that northern men dance and twirl in.
We wash all of our indigo fabrics several times, but please note that our natural indigo pieces will crock. This means for the first few wears you should expect some color loss. This tendency is a sign of authenticity in West Africa, and the blue is considered to have medicinal properties on the skin. If you feel differently, try soaking in vinegar solution and drying in the sun.
Osei-Duro garments are hand dyed and each piece is unique. Please note that print placement and hue may vary.
|Bust||32" – 33"||34"||36" – 37"||38" – 39"|
|Hip||34" – 35"||36" – 37"||38" – 39"||40" – 41"|
- USA: $8.00 shipped alone, $4.00 with other items.
- Canada: $10.00 shipped alone, $4.00 with other items.
- Australia: $15.00 shipped alone, $4.00 with other items.
- UK: $15.00 shipped alone, $4.00 with other items.
- Rest of the world: $17.00 shipped alone, $4.00 with other items.
We ship USPS priority within 1-3 days of order time. Please get in touch if you need your purchase sooner.
International orders: we are not responsible for customs delays, duties or taxes.