Hand cast brass ring. Tumbled for a hand-hewn yet smooth finish.
- Hand cast in Ghana from recycled brass
- Finished in Los Angeles
LOST WAX BRASS CASTING
Lost-wax brass casting was developed by the Asante people in Ghana to make objects for gold transactions, such as weights and canisters. Like their forefathers, Ghana’s brass casters begin the process of making metal articles by sculpting in beeswax. The wax form is then painted with a paste of fine charcoal and water and covered in a mold of coarse palm fibers and clay. This porous mixture permits the necessary release of hot air and gases as the mold is baked, giving the final product a smooth finish. Finally, the wax is poured out and replaced by molten brass. The finished brass piece is polished with palm nut fibers and sand over several days.
All Osei-Duro brass jewelry is created in collaboration with artisans in the Asante region of Ghana.
|Bust||32" – 33"||34"||36" – 37"||38" – 39"|
|Hip||34" – 35"||36" – 37"||38" – 39"||40" – 41"|
- USA & Canada: $8.00 shipped alone, $4.00 with other items.
- Australia: $10.00 shipped alone, $4.00 with other items.
- UK: $15.00 shipped alone, $10.00 with other items.
- Rest of the world: $17.00 shipped alone, $12.00 with other items.
We ship USPS priority within 1-3 days of order time. Please get in touch if you need your purchase sooner.